Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil is a topical oil which nourishes your skin with beautiful botanicals.
Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil is Janine Tait’s personally selected blend of 12 powerful botanical oils to nourish, strengthen, smooth and protect your skin. Bursting with EFA’s, vitamins and antioxidants, this gorgeous topical facial oil is an enriching booster to add into any skincare regime.
WHO IS IT SUITABLE FOR?
Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil is suitable for most skin types including very sensitive skin. While rich in consistency, the formulation is non-comedogenic, which means that it won’t block pores or cause pimples. With its nourishing lipids it is particularly beneficial for dry skin and has proved helpful for treating rosacea and dry skin conditions.
FOR BEST RESULTS
Use Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil every day for nourishment and protection, or two to three times per week as a skin booster. For maximum benefit, soak your skin with warm water before massaging one to two drops of Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil into your skin. See the ‘Nourishing Facial Oil Ritual’ video below for a demonstration.
Our introductory pack provides the Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil and Bestow Soaking Cloth in a beautiful cannister.
THE STORY BEHIND THE PRODUCT
Many years ago, when I was a newly qualified therapist I found a book about the therapeutic benefits of plant oils. Despite the fact that I lost it when I moved flats, that book sparked my life-long fascination with these incredible oils.
They are beautifully rich in the phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals that are essential for healthy, glowing skin.
Each oil has its own unique powers and properties. Each one offers its own particular nourishing gift to the skin. Over the years I compiled a list of oils that I was particularly interested in and used them on my own skin. I loved the results.
When people began asking me if they could put Bestow Beauty Oil on their face, it got me thinking. The answer, by the way, is most definitely no. Bestow Beauty Oil is a beautiful oil for nourishing the skin from within but the formulation is too heavy to be used topically for any length of time.
Still, the seed had been sown. Why not formulate a concentrated facial oil blend that could nourish the skin topically? I dusted off my ‘honours roll’ of the therapeutic oils I had tried over the years and created a special blend of my 12 favourite oils.
My two personal favourites out of the collection are jojoba oil, which is the closest oil in nature to our skins natural oil and borage oil which repairs the skin barrier faster than anything else I know.
I have wanted to use borage oil for years, but have avoided it because it has a slightly strange fragrance. In Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil we have achieved the perfect blend and I can’t detect the smell at all.
It gives me great pleasure to share Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil with you. I hope you enjoy using it as much as I have enjoyed making it.
BOTANICAL OILS – MEET THE CHOSEN ONES
1. Argan Oil is touted as ‘liquid gold’ due to its ability to moisturise lack-luster skin. It is high in EFA’s and vitamin E, two key players in helping the skin stay hydrated and preventing further moisture loss.
2. Jojoba Oil is compositionally the closest oil to our own natural sebum and therefore helps strengthen the skin’s protective function. Fun fact: jojoba oil is technically a wax.
3. Avocado Oil is full of vitamins and anti-oxidants, all of which are essential for beautiful skin.
4. Borage Oil is nature’s richest source of gamma linolenic acid, a secondary essential fatty acid, which helps repair the skin barrier faster than any other essential fatty acid. It decreases water loss, helping the skin stay hydrated and flexible. It is rich in vitamins and minerals as well as two important polyphenols; ferulic acid, which is a very effective anti-oxidant that can repair sun and weather induced skin damage and ellagic acid, which reduces collagen destruction.
5. Calendula Oil speeds healing, reduces inflammation and improves epidermal differentiation.
6. Rosehip Oil contains tretinoin, a vitamin A derivative that delays the effects of skin ageing, assists with cell regeneration and promotes the increase of collagen and elastin levels.
7. Tamanu Seed Oil has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and skin healing properties. It is a most unusual oil because of its ability to penetrate deeply into the skin.
8. Vitamin E Oil is an important anti-oxidant that protects the more delicate oils in the collection from oxidation.
9. Grapeseed Extract also helps prevent oxidation of the blend but in addition it contributes to skin repair and regeneration.
10. French Lavender Essential Oil has strong skin soothing and healing properties and assists in cooling and calming inflamed skin.
11. Sandalwood Essential Oil is beneficial for many skin types from dry, dehydrated skins to oily skins and acne.
12. Rose Geranium Essential Oil is wonderful for balancing the oil production of the skin making it valuable for treating oily or dry skin and everything in between!
NOURISHING FACIAL OIL RITUAL
Take time for you. Partially fill your hand basin with warm water. Immerse your Bestow Soaking Cloth, wring out excess water and press damp cloth to your face while taking five slow, deep breaths. Repeat this step to ensure your skin is fully hydrated. Apply any toners, mists or serums that you desire. Lock in all that precious moisture by using the tips of your fingers to gently massage 1-2 drops of Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil into your still damp skin. You can then apply your usual moisturiser if you wish. Go into your day or evening with grace and gratitude.
This relaxing ritual is best done two to three times a week or every day if your skin needs extra nourishment and protection. Can be used morning or evenings.
BESTOW NOURISHING FACIAL OIL | Violet Light
Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil is packaged in specially crafted MIRON Violet Glass bottles, which prolongs the potency of the oil blend. Miron Violet Glass blocks the complete spectrum of visible light with the exception of the violet part, which energises rather than decays the oils. In essence, these beautiful deep violet bottles are care for your skin by keeping the bad light out and keeping the good light in.
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR BESTOW NOURISHING FACIAL OIL
Do not expose to excessive sunlight or heat. The best before date can be found on the bottom of the bottle.
I love, love, love the Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil! I have never tried a facial oil before and enjoy the fact that it is a thicker consistency compared to other concentrates. It’s a wonderful product to use in the colder weather as I feel it protects the skin barrier beautifully. I love the earthy smell from all the botanical ingredients. Soaking my skin before using it made it really easy to massage the oil into my skin, leaving it feeling soft, supple and really nourished. I will continue using the oil myself and will definitely recommend it to clients.
As a busy, corporate working mum I don’t have as much time to spend looking after my skin each day as I would like. Understanding the Bestow way of treating skin from without and within has allowed me to make changes to my skin routine that have had a big impact. Using the Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil has meant that I am actually saving time in the morning and giving my skin the nourishment it needs. My skin feels fresher and softer and is more dewy in appearance. The relaxing ritual forces me to stop for 30 seconds in the morning time to think and breathe before starting a busy day.
I’m loving the Bestow Nourishing Oil! I have dry, sensitive skin and had been having problems with rosacea for a couple of years – I’d tried all sorts of different products to help, with mixed results. Then I started on a very simple routine of soaking my skin, spraying it with Soothing Mist and then applying a mix of Bestow Nourishing Oil and Soothing Mist to my skin. And that’s it! I’ve hardly had any rosacea since then and several people have commented how good my skin looks – and how few wrinkles I have for my age. My skin looks hydrated and ‘glowy’ – really happy with the result!