Bestow the Graces
The Story Behind the Nourishing Oil.
Many years ago, when I was a newly qualified therapist I found a book about the therapeutic benefits of plant oils.
Despite the fact that I lost the book when I moved flats, that book sparked my life-long fascination with these incredible oils.
Plant oils are beautifully rich in the phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals that are essential for healthy, glowing skin.
Each oil has its own unique powers and properties. Each one offers its own particular nourishing gift to the skin. Over the years I compiled a list of oils that I was particularly interested in and used them on my own skin. I loved the results.
When people began asking me if they could put Bestow Beauty Oil on their face, it got me thinking. The answer, by the way, is most definitely no. Bestow Beauty Oil is a beautiful oil for nourishing the skin from within but the formulation is too heavy to be used topically for any length of time.
Still, the seed had been sown. Why not formulate a concentrated facial oil blend that could nourish the skin topically? I dusted off my ‘honours roll’ of the therapeutic oils I had tried over the years and created a special blend of my 12 favourite oils.
My two personal favourites out of the collection are jojoba oil, which is the closest oil in nature to our skins natural oil and borage oil which repairs the skin barrier faster than anything else I know.
I have wanted to use borage oil for years, but have avoided it because it has a slightly strange fragrance. In The Graces Nourishing Facial Oil we have achieved the perfect blend and I can’t detect the smell at all.
It gives me great pleasure to share The Graces Nourishing Facial Oil with you. I hope you enjoy using it as much I enjoyed creating it.
Janine Tait, Bestow Beauty Founder.
The Graces Nourishing Oil will nourish, soften and enliven your skin, naturally.
The Graces Nourishing Oil is an enriching blend of 12 beautiful plant oils to nourish, soften and enliven skin. Bursting with EFA’s, vitamins and antioxidants, this gorgeous facial oil delivers plant therapy for lack-lustre skin.
12 Plant Oils – Meet the Chosen Ones
- Argan Oil is touted as ‘liquid gold’ due to its ability to moisturise lack-lustre skin. It is high in EFA’s and vitamin E, two key players in helping the skin stay hydrated and preventing further moisture loss.
- Jojoba Oil is compositionally the closest oil to our own natural sebum and therefore helps strengthen the skin’s protective function. Fun fact: jojoba oil is technically a wax.
3. Avocado Oil is full of vitamins and anti-oxidants, all of which are essential for beautiful skin.
4. Borage Oil is nature’s richest source of gamma linolenic acid, a secondary essential fatty acid, which helps repair the skin barrier faster than any other essential fatty acid. It decreases water loss, helping the skin stay hydrated and flexible. It is rich in vitamins and minerals as well as two important polyphenols; ferulic acid, which is a very effective anti-oxidant that can repair sun and weather induced skin damage and ellagic acid, which reduces collagen destruction.
5. Calendula Oil speeds healing, reduces inflammation and improves epidermal differentiation.
6. Rosehip Oil contains tretinoin, a vitamin A derivative that delays the effects of skin ageing, assists with cell regeneration and promotes the increase of collagen and elastin levels.
7. Tamanu Seed Oil has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and skin healing properties. It is a most unusual oil because of its ability to penetrate deeply into the skin.
8. Vitamin E Oil is an important anti-oxidant that protects the more delicate oils in the collection from oxidation.
9. Grapeseed Extract also helps prevent oxidation of the blend but in addition it contributes to skin repair and regeneration.
10. French Lavender Essential Oil has strong skin soothing and healing properties and assists in cooling and calming inflamed skin.
11. Sandalwood Essential Oil is beneficial for many skin types from dry, dehydrated skins to oily skins and acne.
12. Rose Geranium Essential Oil is wonderful for balancing the oil production of the skin making it valuable for treating oily or dry skin and everything in between!